Local Call: 1300 721 576
Phone: 02 8007 2930
Suite 52, 6-8 Herbert Street, ST LEONARDS 2065
The “cloud” has become a household name in the past couple of years, but what does it actually mean and what can it do for your business and home?
According to info-world.com: “Cloud computing encompasses any subscription-based or pay-per-use service that, in real time over the Internet, extends IT’s existing capabilities… Cloud computing is at an early stage, with a motley crew of providers large and small delivering a slew of cloud-based services, from full-blown applications to storage services to spam filtering.”
Howstuffworks.com describes what cloud computing does:
“In a cloud computing system, there’s a significant workload shift. Local computers no longer have to do all the heavy lifting when it comes to running applications. The network of computers that make up the cloud handles them instead. Hardware and software demands on the user’s side decrease. The only thing the user’s computer needs to be able to run is the cloud computing system’s interface software, which can be as simple as a Web browser, and the cloud’s network takes care of the rest.”
An everyday example of cloud computing, that most people have encountered, can be found within web-based email accounts like, gmail, hotmail and yahoo. Your own computer only needs a browser like Internet Explorer to connect to the remote server that stores all your emails. The remote server in this case is the cloud.
The cloud is a broad term and its uses stretch far beyond webmail. Cloud services offer users such things as file storage (e.g. Apple iCloud, dropbox), spam filtering (e.g. Symantec, Mcafee) and faster website performance (e.g. Cloudflare).
So what are the benefits of cloud computing?
Want to know more about cloud computing? Get in touch with us and see how it can be of benefit to your home and your business.
The NBN (National Broadband Network) is a Federal government initiative aimed at improving national internet speeds in an increasingly digital age. The NBN commenced its 3 year Australia-wide rollout plan in June 2013. NBN Co (a wholly-owned Commonwealth company that has been prescribed as a Government Business Enterprise) was formed in 2009 and contracted to implement the NBN. What does this mean? According to the Department of Broadband Communications and the Digital Economy: “the NBN will provide high-speed broadband access to all Australian homes and businesses through a mix of three technologies: optic fibre, fixed wireless and next-generation satellite.93 per cent of Australian homes, schools and businesses will have access to the NBN through optic fibre to premises, capable of providing broadband speeds of up to one gigabyte per second.” This large-scale, Australia wide endeavor will connect 93% of homes, schools and workplaces with optical fibre (fibre to the premises or “FTTP”), providing superfast broadband services to Australians in urban and regional towns. The remaining hard-to-reach 7% will be connected to the NBN by fixed wireless and satellite technology. The Federal government estimates that “more than six million homes and businesses will be able to access or be in progress [&hellip
Core Values Integrity Quality Reliability Trust Friendly Motto Dedicated to providing the right technological solution for your business. Supportedge is a specialist IT consulting company. Our goal is to give you the very best advice and service available, tuned to your specific business. Our team works closely with a range of businesses and staff, in a variety of ways; although we fix and maintain computer systems and networks, those are only a couple of the ways in which we can promote efficiency, and ultimately, growth. We believe in close partnerships with our customers. We believe in great personal relationships and close partnerships with our clients, as we recognise that each workplace is different. However, as time goes on, information technology becomes more important to all business prospects, and we are honoured to spearhead this area on behalf of our eminent clientele. Supportedge first started trading in July 2000. Our core service area extends from Lane Cove to Mosman, but we have customers throughout Sydney. We offer on-site, remote and telephone support. At Supportedge we maintain a heavy focus on on-site support and this gives us the opportunity to familiarise ourselves with our customers’ systems, and ultimately provide the [&hellip
Please contact us for proposals on business grade fiber and midband data links. We can offer solutions from just about any provider (ISP) in Sydney. Below are quick-links for residential TPG services. TPG ADSL2+ with TPG home phone TPG ADSL2+ only (home phone with another provider) Mobile phone